Centreville company going global

This does the heart some good. I don’t know the scope or scale of it but….

Thomas Equipment Inc., a company of Osiris Corporation (OSRS), announced that it entered into an agreement in principle for the production of Thomas Skid Steer Loaders with Singapore Technologies (ST) Engineering’s Guizhou Jonyang Kinetics (GJK) subsidiary. Thomas Equipment’s marketing, sales, quality control and related staff in Centerville, New Brunswick, Canada, will spearhead all Thomas activities and oversee production.

Did this story make the NB papers?

0 Responses to Centreville company going global

I didnt see it in the newspapers but nor would I expect to. It does not jive with the Irvings plans for the local economy to be anything but downtrodden, at least in the public view. It would never do for the plebs to be optimistic about life would it? Neither would it help with the ongoing dripfed endemic bleeding of our tax money into the Irving coffers to prop up their companies because of the ‘apparent’flatlining of the NB economy. There could also be a land or property issue involved too but that would be cynical of me.

Do I detect a perception of the Irving group as parasites and bloodsuckers?

Like most, the first poster seems all to quick to jump on a wild conspiracy theory than the reality that reporters are human and can only do so much.

Can only do so much? This was a press release on a newswire.

Anonymous said…

6:49 PM

What a well thought out and constructed comment to make! Of course, why didnt I think of the fact that reporters are only human and can only be able to do so much. How remiss of me!
    Why only last week there was a full page spread in the Kings Co. Recorder about cars being stolen in Sussex and another about a herd of deer eating cabbages in someones field. What about the barbers shop closing in Freddy Beach? These and other such riveting news items certainly lift my spirits.