New R&D statistics

Statistics Canada just released its latest data on federal government R&D spending in the provinces. The good news for New Brunswick is that spending is up. However, as the table below shows, we are still dead last in Canada. Remember 4-5 years ago Andy Scott was going to ‘look into that’.

Keep looking, Andy.

0 Responses to New R&D statistics

1. MonctonLandlord says:

If NB population continues to decline, maybe the per capita spending will reach No. 1 by 2025!

2. MonctonLandlord says:

We are all looking at the Provincial leader right now to do something. The key word is leader, where is the innovative ideas when you need them.

I have a bad feeling that we will get the “grim news about the status of the Province left by the previous government”.

3. MonctonLandlord says:

These stats are prior to the R&D handout to P&W…

Quick calculation:

R&D to P&W: $350M
    Population QC: 7.6M
    per capita P&W alone: $46 !!!

Hope politicians in NB prov and fed read this blog.

I read the stats on a monthly basis, monctonlandlord. And let me tell you, I don’t need a few stats can numbers to tell me that this place is sinking like a rock in quicksand.

All I had to do was get off the plane from Ontario a year ago and look around. Some places resemble the old south in the United States. In other words, we’re poor.

And don’t think that I’m the only one who notices this, potential investors do as well.

Hello,

I am doing a major term paper on Canadian expatriate failure rates but I happen to stubbled upon your page. So I went to Stat CAn to see if I can find the graph you had posted… with no luck. I was wondering if you could help me by telling me where you retrieved it from so maybe I can find it and use it as a possible reference?

I thank you in advance for your time

That’s because the graph is mine. All you do is take the data found here: http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepub/88-001-XIE/88-001-XIE2006009.pdf and adjust it for population size (per capita) to get the figures.