The banana is split over at the Times & Transcript

Anybody want to explain to me what is wrong with Al Hogan. He runs a story this morning entitled: “We’re worth more than Saint John“. I can’t link to it because it’s behind a password and in fact I won’t even give Al Hogan the satisfaction of reprinting his stupid story in this blog. So if you saw it, please advise. If not, you are lucky.

The gist of the story is that the tax base in Greater Moncton has surpassed Greater Saint John but the whole story is designed to be highly offensive to Saint Johners. This is another in a long line of offensive stories designed to drive a wedge between the Hub and the Port and I think it’s shameful.

The City of Moncton and others have been deliberately building bridges with Saint John and vice versa. The spirit is as good as it has been in decades and Al Hogan is doing everything in his power to wreck this.

After Saint John lands 3,000 high paying jobs in the next 12-14 months on the refurbishment of Lepreau, the building of the pipeline and refinery – I’ll be interested to see what crap comes out of the T&T. It won’t be humble pie because there isn’t enough class over there for that.

0 Responses to The banana is split over at the Times & Transcript

1. Cooker Boy says:

The guy is an idiot! I have nothing but respect for Saint John and their ambitions to become an energie hub. Your are right in saying that they will likely surpass us when the refurbishment jobs happen.

They keep doing the same with Halifax and as a Monctonian it drives me bonkers. The T&T is a rag!

The folks at the T&T clearly have small penis syndrome.

It’s too bad because interprovincial battles, as well as intermunicipal battles, are what I believe have kept us from progressing into a strong economic regional force for the last 40 years.

4. Trevor says:

Strongly agreed Scott! There is a need for positive competition, but in the end we all want the same goal. And that’s to see NB reach it’s economic potential.

Yeah right, the maritimes aren’t a strong regional force because editors sometimes badmouth other municipalities. Let’s have some perspective here.

6. Trevor says:

I was refering to the attitude, not just the T&T editors. Face it Anon, there is a segment of the population that has a us vs. them attitude and it’s not healthy.

7. Cooker Boy says:

Agreed! On another point, why are we bragging that we have higher taxes then the rest of NB?

8. to it and at it says:

You know it’s pretty bad when the best you can say is that you’re better than Saint John.

TO: ‘to it and at it’

go and see your mudflat or tidal bore…I will look out at and admire the Saint John River. Enjoy.

10. to it and at it says:

Dear anonymous:

Moncton sucks.

Saint John sucks.

We could exchange 20 messages about how the other place sucks worse, but I don’t see the point.