Canada’s top 100 companies

Remember how many blogs ago, with some consternation, I lamented the fact that everytime people talk about ‘innovative’ companies in New Brunswick they roll out Mathis Instruments? Or CARIS?

I mean, I have nothing against these firms but they were ‘innovative’ 10-15 years ago. Can’t we turn over one new company that shows New Brunswick’s innovative spirit that didn’t come out of Noah’s ark?

I have the same feeling with the annual list of Canada’s Top 100 employers. Every year since Cain killed Abel, Moncton’s Medavie Blue Cross and Atlantic Lottery Corporation make this list. And nobody else. Don’t get me wrong. I love Medavie. I work for them once in a while and I can say they are a class act. Worthy of the list. A colleague of mine just got hired at Atlantic Lottery Corp – and loves it.

But there has got to be one company in Saint John. One in Fredericton. How about Bathurst? How about an alternative in Moncton?

0 Responses to Canada’s top 100 companies

Why does there ‘have’ to be? If there ain’t, there ain’t.

Why do you ‘have’ to comment, anon? If you don’t, you don’t.

3. Trev says:

I wonder how many businesses look at this award and don’t see the value it brings to their bottom line?

Personally, I think companies should apply for any hardware being given out that helps build a solid reputation. It cost practically nothing and it helps markets the brand..

4. Trevor says:

Oh, and here’s some local winners of other recognized awards that I am aware of… Heaven forbid you’d read about it in the local media.

Whitehill Technologies – Microsoft Partner Program IMPACT Awards

Innovatia – Top 20 Companies in the Training Outsourcing Industry

Click Here

PQA Testing – Profit 100

Click Here

5. Trev says:

PQA link – Click Here

Thanks. That’s a refreshing list. I’d like to see more going after the higher profile awards.

7. Trevor says:

I agree! We have for years and are finally making ing ground. I guess becoming the 6th largest privately held software company in Canada gives you some weight.. 😉

All things aside, we do use these awards in our sales pitches. it helps sell you as credible.